Tuesday, November 16, 2010

{Another Project to Share}

I had the privilege of going to a few garage sales and estate sales without my kiddos this weekend and I throughly enjoyed it!  It has been a long time since I've had the opportunity to go without my kids!

I found a great Estate Sale and bought a few things, but one of the items that caught my eye was a lone dining chair that was in great shape and seemed virtually new.  The only thing that really needed to be replaced was the cushion, but I'm on a mission to completely change everything about my house and style (that's a whole other post that I'll share sometime) so I decided to give it a little paint job too!

Here is the before:
Not bad, with the except of the moth ball stench that was coming from the cushion!  Parker kept saying "what is that smell mom?"


I had my kids help me remove the cushion.  Aren't they just gems?

Then I did something I've never done.  Cut some fabric on the BIAS and made some cording. Can I get a WHAT, WHAT!! Terrible iphone pic but I had to show my cording. 


After I primed, waited, painted, waited, sewed, waited, sanded, sealed, reassembled this is the final product:
I love the curves and the fabric is a microsuede which is a must the a 2 and 4 year old.  No, it's not already dirty, it's just not brushed in the same direction.

 I also love the light distressing.  It's subtle but makes it look worn and much loved!  For just a fraction of the cost of a new chair, I have a custom chair that is going to fit in great in our home!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Melanie...VERY impressed with this chair and with your new computer work space! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mel way to go! i'm so proud of you! can we start an estate traveling group? would love to go together!

    ReplyDelete