WOW!! So many of you have sent me messages, emails, texts that you have finished your week 1 project! I am loving all the productivity going on around here because it has helped me stay motivated! I had a super productive weekend and am glad to say that I finished my project and even got in a bonus one too which I will show you tomorrow!
My first project was to clean off our desk. First thing I will point out is that this desk is in the "Man Cave". This was instituted as my man's designated space about a year ago when he was fed up with all of the Bravo and Real Housewives. I have to say I am a sucker for some good reality TV.
The Man Cave consists of his big leather recliner, his big tv, and the family computer. Not many people see this room and seeing that there is only one real chair, no one else hangs out in this room. BUT now that I am a "work" at home mom, I do find myself at our family computer more and more. So here is the before:
It was a complete disaster to say the least! Notice the 4 cups, stacks and stacks of papers and not just on the desk but also on the floor. The nice cabinet door that won't even close. Who wants to sit here and do anything??
Let the cleaning and organizing begin, right Hayes? Doesn't he look pumped?
First things first, remove the "extra" computer that is a backup but doesn't get "used" on a daily basis. Why do I need to have it up on the desk taking up space? Clean up the piles, FILE, straighten up, DUST and about an hour later, viola.....
The completed project!! I'm so happy to sit here now and it took me about an hour! Granted it was not a major transformation but it did wonders for ME! There are still a few things I would like to add like a cord cover for the strand of cords going across the desk and possibly some more/different "decor" on the shelves, but for now I am happy with what I have! AND I even cleaned out the drawers too!
So, here are a few other completed projects that have been shared with me:
Brooke had a bit of closet overload (man this makes me feel good that I'm not the only one!) This is her spare storage closet. What a blessing to have!
Here are here before pics:
She was glad this was her first project because she found 10 christmas gifts that she had purchased and forgot about!!
HERE IS HER AFTER:
That's AWESOME Brooke!! And no guilt for the rest of you, but she just had a baby about 5 minutes ago and he was Number 4 and she has a broken toe!
NEXT is a few pics from Becky's major closet transformation. I don't have any before pics but check out the after...
Who would not LOVE to have a closet like that! I want to go shopping there!
AMAZING!!!
Let me know if there are any more and I will post them! Thanks friends!!
Now on to week 2....join us in the 7 week Stop Planning, Start Doing Challenge!



BECKY!! Your closet is AMAZING. The wood hangers make all the difference...oh, well, and maybe your selection of clothes!
ReplyDelete