This weekend was a big weekend for our kids! I feel like they are all too quickly growing up and I want it to slow down! Hayes was able to go "hunting" for the first time this weekend with his Daddy. It wasn't a real hunting trip (for all of those thinking, who is the lady...first she lets them play with knives and now they're hunting??). Our friend has some land just south of here and we have a new puppy. Have I not mentioned her? She's sweet and puppyish and soft and loves to chew. She's kind of a mess.
Here she is when she was a little puppy. Now she is HUGE and still a puppy at 10 months old.
Warning, if you're weak in the stomach skip to the next picture...
Let's get back on track, Mazie will be a hunting dog so Zac took her out to our friends farm to see what she could do. To spare you all the gross details, Z shot a quail, Hayes picked it up and then ripped off the head. I guess that's what you do?? That's why I don't go on those outings. Here he is in his proud moment when he was telling me all about it. And yes, that's the head.
It really does warm my heart to see them have something that they can go do that they both love. How cute are my boys??
I'm terrified that he is going to go around telling his friends and teachers that he pulled the head off of a quail. It just doesn't sound right coming out of a little boys mouth, but man is he proud!
In less disgusting, but no less exciting news Parker learned to ride her bike this weekend without training wheels!! And she literally taught herself. Story there is, after Hayes returned from hunting he asked Z if he would take off his training wheels so he could learn to ride his bike. He's only 3.5 but heck why not? So when P and I returned from our errands and she say her little brother riding his bike her face was like "oh no, he's not going to do that faster/better than me". (Our kids are SO competitive and I just don't know where they get it). So she hopped out of the car and Z took off her training wheels and she took off down the street. There were a few moments that she struggled getting the bike going, but she did amazing and rode up and down all day.
I love the look of concentration!
Here is Hayes giving it a shot...He really learned too but I'm still too nervous to not run beside him in the crouched running stance. I kind of want him to stop growing up because he's my baby! (And by that I mean I want to push him down so he can go back to being a little baby...what is wrong with me?!?) (I kid....kind of)








No comments:
Post a Comment