Our first born started her First Day of Kindergarten this year and that was harder on me that it was on her! She previously went to Pre-K at her school so she cruised right in and waved goodbye from her seat. It was almost a blessing because although I was putting on a strong front, my heart was crushed inside. I didn't cry (until later in the day) but we just gave her hugs and kisses and waved goodbye and left. I truly felt like I left my heart in that school.
All day her brother and I were looking at the clock, counting down the hours, and longing for her to be home. Time stood still that first day! We could hardly stand the suspense of what she was doing and hearing about her day.
I am so proud of our little girl who is all grown up. She loves school and loves learning. It has never been a struggle to get her to school and she has a great time while she's there, which for a parent is one of the best things you can ask for!
I can't wait to see what this year holds for our sweet Parker!

No comments:
Post a Comment