Wednesday, October 12, 2011

{First Day of School for Hayes}

Hayes started a new school this year which is two days a week all day (yay for me!) and he has not even blinked an eye as his transition.  He has 3 very special friends in his class and runs in to see them everyday!

 

I have a very special year this year having P in school all day and having Hayes home with me, but he loves feeling like he is a big kid and loves having his "own thing" to do.  He gets to pack his lunch  like his sister and carry his new cool camo backpack that I promise goes down to his knees.


Talk about independent, he begs me everyday to let him out the door so he can run in by himself.  This picture shows the long sidewalk just to get into the doors.  It's another long hallway, down some steps, and through another door to get to his class.  One day I told him he could go in by himself, but I snuck behind him.  I was busted and lets just say he was not happy with me.

We love his precious teacher who has been in the same class for 17 years! She is amazing with the kids and does some very special art and activities with them.  Hayes will be a great student and is very eager to learn.  We couldn't be more proud of what a big boy he is growing up to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment