Wednesday, November 24, 2010

{project - week 2}

So I have NOT been slacking on my projects, quite the opposite! This week has been filled with fun projects that I've been so glad to mark off my list!

I got this idea from my MIL who is so clever! I've been struggling with what to do with all of the papers, art, and stuff that my kids bring home from school. I'm not a scrapbooker and won't ever put it all in a book but really just want to have it all together.

I started with this...



Please tell me I'm not the only one who stores my kids art and papers this way! Since we've started Pre-K this has really gotten out of hand. The amount of papers that she comes home with every week is amazing and overwhelming!




First thing I had to do was sort them! I picked out the special ones that had her first letters, a handprint, ones that I really liked and put them in stacks by grade.



My MIL found these large envelopes at Michaels and they are perfect in size! 12" x 12" and can expand pretty wide. I used some scrapbooking paper that I already had and made a cover sheet for every grade.




Behind each cover sheet is all of the art, report cards, and memorabilia.

The best part is there were 10 in a pack so I had enough for her through 5th grade. And I love that they fit perfectly in a plastic storage bin that will fit on the top shelf in the closet.

I meant to take a picture of that to show you because it's the best part, but I will have to post that next week when we return from vacation!

What projects have you completed this week?

1 comment:

  1. i so love this idea! i already think this with Bekham so I am going to have to copy you on this one! thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete