So I finished my first project and I am really happy with the way it turned out!
Here are the before pictures of Hayes's dresser:
I have loved this dresser and have used it for both Hayes and Parker. (I changed the colors of course) It wasn't really fitting into our new big boy room for Hayes so I decided to update it for him.
I painted it black and distressed it and then applied a dark brown glaze. I love the way it turned out! You really can't tell the detail in my horrible iphone photo, but I promised I'd post the results. Here's the after picture:
I can't wait to start my second piece of furniture!!


it looks great mel! and i love that it has been passed down...it's like an antique...the more character, the better! i'm looking for a piece of furniture to start working on...i am looking for a buffet type thing so if you are ever out and see any, let me know!
ReplyDeleteNice work, Mel!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Be careful that stuff is addicting:) I can't wait to get to Germany and find great furniture to refinish!!!
ReplyDelete