Sunday, September 26, 2010

{mini project #2}

I am still working on my project for the weekend, but I did complete a mini project in between all the waiting for paint to dry.

We were given a few pictures that were Zac's when he was a little boy and I knew I wanted to incorporate them into Hayes's big boy room which is still a major work in progress.  Here is the before picture of one of the pictures:



It's a cute picture and Hayes LOVES that it is baseball but you can tell it is a little dated.  I originally thought I would just updated the maroon mat, but after closer look I noticed it was all one picture.


So I cut the paper backing off and pryed open the picture.  First thing I wanted to do was paint the frame.  His bed is black and that was the can of spray paint I had so we went with that.

So far, so good....

I then got out the only craft paint in red that I had that was not completely dried up and I painted the maroon mat a raspberry red color.  It took two coats and actually covered pretty well.  Don't look too close!

The finished picture is much better and more updated!  I can't wait for Hayes to wake up from his nap so I can hang it up in his room.

It was so easy and who knew craft paint would work on a picture too?

Stay tuned for my other project to be posted later today or tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work! Can't wait to see your pics from the other project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Isn't it fun to have a creative outlet?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job mel! now let's see the other project already! we're all on the edge of our seat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun to know that the pic was once hanging in Zac's room and now, with your creativity, it's updated and looks great in Hayes' room!

    ReplyDelete