Last night Parker and Hayes had their best friends, the Harrison girls, over to play. They love to play together and get along like brothers and sisters. Before dinner we said a prayer and Harper (3) was the first one to offer to pray. She insisted that everyone close their eyes and clasp their hands. At the Gladhill house we all hold hands and close our eyes. Harper kept saying "no, we do it this way. You have to do it this way!" and Parker would respond with "No, you hold hands!". I was standing back listening to them and thought how sweet that they are fighting over who can pray and how to pray.
After Harper said her prayers and included prayers for everyone she could name, the rest of the kids wanted a turn. It had gone on so long at this point that I had time to get out my phone and video the rest. Here's what I caught.
I will post some pics of our play date soon!
Oh my! You were patient to let them all pray! Prayers can seriously go on & on at our house...they had such a fun time with you all, Melanie! We really appreciated you giving us a date night!
ReplyDelete