My grandmother has collected TON of pinecones over the years, so a few weeks ago my sister and mom and I had a craft day and had fun glittering them for the holidays. They really turned out beautiful and cost us next to nothing!
We made about 50 in all different styles but kept them all silver and gold and I have loved using them in different ways around my house. The kiddos even got into the painting and glittering. It was a fun afternoon project.Of course, Christmas is not complete without a tree, so that was the most important thing to get up. I love filling the tree with all of our collected ornaments. There are so many memories throughout the years and we love talking about each of them as we put them on the tree. The star on top is very special because it represents the star that the wise men followed leading them to the Son of God. I just reminds me of that night long ago and what that meant for us as humans. I am humbled by the gift of salvation that was sent as a baby on Christmas night.
Some of my favorite ornaments are the ones that I've collected on trips with family, great girlfriends (like the Chicago one below) and the ones that mark achievements for our family.
Parker got the ornament last year to represent her first year of dance. I love that little ballerina!This was Hayes's from his first Christmas. Oh how that felt like yesterday, but he's about to turn 4!!
And of course the tree is filled with Crosses, because in all this we want the real reason for Christmas to always shine through!
The stockings are hung on the banister with care (because we have no fireplace in this humble abode).
After Christmas this year I plan on bedazzling these puppies to give them the sparkle that I remember from my stocking when I was a kid. I tucked a little greenery and berries in them to give them a fun full look until they can be filled with goodies.
This little tree was just stuck in a silver wine bucket and decorated to give some holiday to the other side of the room. I love the little vintage angel gift tag I tucked on the top. I found it in a box up in my mimi's attic when I was getting down her Christmas decoration. It is probably 50 years old. So sweet!And then to round it out, I made a new red and white mattress ticking pillow from about $6 worth of fabric and paired it with a garage sale pillow. It's down filled and beautiful. Perfect pillow for Christmas!
That's about all I did this year. Life's too precious and busy to spend much more time on the decorations. I can feel the rest of 2011 just slipping away and I don't want to miss one second!
Plus, I have some fun projects that I've been working on that I can't wait to share!








No comments:
Post a Comment