Monday, September 20, 2010

{Mimi is 90!}

My wonderful, grandmother, or Mimi as we like to refer to her will be turning 90 on Wednesday!!  Can you believe 90?!?  When I think about that, it really makes me tired.  That is basically living my whole life over again TWICE!

The amazing this is that she is still so young at heart.  I really know what that phrase means now because I look and her and wonder how she keeps going.  She told Parker the other day that age is just a number (like Parker had any clue what she was talking about), but she is right!  She acts like she is 75.  Still reads People Magazine weekly and can ROCK the crossword puzzle in the back.  She goes for walks, attends about 5 group/committee meetings a week, works in the yard, drives, lives alone, I could go on and on. Simply put she's amazing!

I owe so much to her and my late granddad because so much of who I am today is because of the amazing influence they had on my life.  I can't imagine life without her in it and hope in 10 years I will be blogging about her 100th birthday party!

Happy Birthday MIMI!!  We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment