I was worried what this first "school" experience would be like. It could have easily gone either way with this one. He is so much like his sister but also so different at the same time. She is very independent and confident and Hayes is a little more sensitive. He really doesn't like mommy to leave him so I thought it would be hard for him to see me leave the first day. It was completely opposite! He walked in like a champ and found his cubby. Hung up his backpack and headed right for the blocks.
When it was time for me to leave he said "goodbye mom. See you later" and waved. As I took a few steps away he tried to stall by saying "hey mom, look at these blocks" or "hey mom, come look at the kitchen." I could tell he was trying to be tough and keep me there as long as possible.
I just love that boy so much! Can't wait to see how much he changes this year at school!


Busy, busy! Playing in the kitchen!
i love his sweet spirit! glad he enjoyed school!
ReplyDelete