Wednesday, September 15, 2010

{changes}

There are many changes coming to the Gladhill house. In a few weeks, I will be leaving my full time job to stay home with our kids. This has been a dream of ours for a long time and something Zac and I have been praying for but weren't sure when or if it was going to happen.

Patience has never been a strong suit of mine and I feel like God has really been stretching me in this area. I kept asking him to make my dream a reality and it just wasn't coming together. I really struggled with why something so good wouldn't be something God would give me or want me to have. I kept going round and round with him pleading to give me what I wanted.

I realized that there may be some things that even though they are good just may not be in God's plan. So I changed my prayer to please let me be pleasing to You! Let me glorify you in whatever I do and wherever you will have me. All I have wanted my whole life is to be at the center of God's will and live out my daily life for Him. That, I realized, isn't always exactly how we picture it even if what we see is a good thing. God can use us no matter where he places us and no matter the situation!

So as I transition into this new role I am filled with anxiousness, sadness (for losing our amazing nanny), but mostly a great sense of thankfulness for God providing me the opportunity to spend the precious time that I have remaining with our kids before they are off to school. I know there will many challenges but I'm embracing them and looking forward to walking in God's new path for my life!

~Mel



4 comments:

  1. WHAT?!? So excited for you Mel! I can't wait for fun playdates:-) One of my sweet college girls has Hayes in class and LOVES him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! You are going to have a blast spending time with the kids, wish I was there to hang out with you guys on my days off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how excited my heart is!!! we have many "play" dates for all of us in store:) i CANNOT wait! both selfishly and for you to experience more of your little punkins!

    ReplyDelete