Saturday, August 28, 2010

{back to school night}

Last week we headed off to back to school night for Hayes. He has been beyond excited to go to "OU school"! Spending the last few weeks watching his sister get ready for school and leave every morning has definitely made him anxious for his turn. He has asked me every day if his school is ready yet. It's so sweet to see him so excited about school but sad to see him getting so big at the same time.



For some reason it's harder to see Hayes grow up than it is to see Parker grow up. I think that's partly because he's my baby. This is the last chance I get to have a baby and it's quickly escaping. Every day we are one step closer to having two grown kids and I'm just not ready for that! Secondly, I'm pretty sure my sweet baby boy will grow up, marry some amazing girl, and never come back to see me. He will have his own life and won't need his momma. I know Parker will always need me and want me around and will never leave me but I can't say that with confidence about my baby boy. He's so dependent on me now but I know that will change. I only hope he won't forget about me!

I know it's only the first day of preschool but he might as well be headed to college. I'm not sure I can take it on Tuesday. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Your words capture most mother's feelings precisely!! Hope he'll find a wonderful wife like his dad did.

    ReplyDelete