This past Sunday we heard a sermon on submission that has really spoke to me in so many ways. I have never heard it put in such a way and for the first time the light bulb went on and something clicked inside me. I am still processing but I wanted to share a few points. (I was going to try and put a link for you to hear it yourself, but it's not uploaded yet)
"3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, 6like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear." 1 Peter 3:3-6
What Submission is: The divine calling of a wife to HONOR and AFFIRM her husbands LEADERSHIP and help carry it through accourning to HER gifts. A HEART to follow and an inclinations to yield to his leadership.
What Submission says: I delight when you take INITIATIVE for our family. I am happy when you take RESPONSIBILITY for things and LEAD in love. I can not FLOURISH when you are PASSIVE and I have to make the family WORK by myself.
I have been repeating these statement and reading them over and over again. I hope to continue to process and grow in my submission to Zac. I know it is only possible when I fully eliminate all anxiousness and worry in my life. I hope to be "clothed with strength and diginity; [and] can laugh at the days to come." Prov. 31:25
No comments:
Post a Comment