Friday, March 20, 2009

{scripture memorization}


One of the many blogs I follow is Beth Moore's. She has been one of the most challenging spiritual influences in my life. No, I haven't met her, but I have completed almost every single one of her studies and she has such a passion for God's Word that it is contagious! She has challenged all of her blog followers to develop the spirtiual discipline of scripture memorization.

So, I'm on a quest to memorize 2 scriptures a month for the rest of 2009...who's with me? If I memorize one in March and 2 for the rest of the months that will be a total of 19 verses!! I have gone through periods of practicing this discipline in the past, but have not been too consistent for the past (dare I say) 5 years or so. Don't get me wrong, I read and meditate on God's Word, but haven't actually binded it on my heart and practiced saying it over and over and over. So here's my verse for the rest of March...

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded, YOU NEED TO PERSEVERE so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36 NIV

You can pick any verse that God is speaking to you or use this same one. I have purchased a set of index cards on a spiral and am going to carry that thing with me every where I go. At the end of March, we can all report back and "type" our verse from memory. Who's in?

No comments:

Post a Comment