Tuesday, March 24, 2009

{hayes quillen}



10 things to know about Hayes:

1) He just turned ONE! His birthday is feb 19th and boy has time flown by, but also seems like he's been around forever! I don't remember life with just one child. Man it was easy!

2) He is a snuggler! Loves to cuddle, snuggle, and love on you. That is something I will miss as he grows up and get too cool for snuggles.

3) Was not the easiest baby and still has his moments. Lets just say this kid likes to cry. We know he's just trying to communicate something, but I wonder how much one kid can cry. Of course he is always perfect with everyone else...I'm starting to think its me. (again likes to snuggle and be held. see how it's all fitting together)


4) Suck is LEFT thumb and his left thumb only. Neither Zac or I were thumb suckers so this one baffles me. Zac was hoping this was an indication that he would be left-handed and would same day be a left-handed pitcher in the majors, but it's not looking so.

5) His name...many ask where it came from. Hayes is a name that I have loved for years and really was the only name zac and I could agree on. Quillen was my grandfather's middle name and he was probably the most loving, respectable man I know so we were honored to give him his name.

6) He is a spitting image of me. I need to post a baby picture of mine and his next to each other, but poor kid looks like his MOM! I hope he has his dad's height and athletic ability. Only time will tell.

7) He likes to smile and giggle. (when he's not crying of course)

8) He loves his sister! I know he loves Parker because his face lights up when she enters the room. She wakes him up from naps and in the morning by saying "Good Morning, Buddy". He just glows!

9) Sensitive. He can crumble into a million pieces if he hears the word "no" or if he thinks you are upset with him. He really doesn't like it when he doesn't get what he wants. Very much like his sister!

10) Says "mama" for EVERYTHING! (or some version of that) Mama=cup, Mama=mine, Mama=help, Mama=up, you get the picture. Man I can't wait for him to learn another word!

I now understand why people say there is a special bond between boys and their mommas because no matter how much this kid cries or wears me out, I love him SO much. I can't imagine life without him. I truly feel like he completes our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment